Hey guys, I haven't posted for a while, but now I've decided to start a new blog about my favorite sport team: the Miami Heat! I will make sure to post on this one once in a while, but go check out my new blog! It's link is: miamiheatfancentral.blogspot.com
Saturday, October 25, 2014
It's finally Halloween!
I'm pretty sure every kid loves Halloween. Candy, costumes and friends! Even better, it's on a Friday this year, so no limits on the Trick-or-Treating or parties! Here's how to make your Halloween the best one ever:
1. If you don't have a costume, make one. For example, my friends and I are making fast-food costumes on our own.
2. Don't come on too strong with your friends, or they WILL abandon you.
3. If you're planning to pull a prank, make sure you are unrecognizable.
4. When a house has no lights on or no decorations, chances are you won't get candy at that house.
5. Look out for cars, as they may come from anywhere.
6. If you live near a Chipotle, go to it when you finish Trick-or-Treating. They have a good deal for burritos for people in costume!
7. If you're stuck with family, walk fast. That way, they won't embarass you.
8. If your family catches up to you, head to the closest house. They don't go to the houses.
9. Come up with creative games. Example: have everyone drink a Coke bottle. When they finish it, they look at who's name is on the label. Then you go to each house and ask if that person's name is on the Coke bottle! Whoever finds their person first wins!
10. Trick-or-Treat in safe neighborhoods. You do NOT want to be kidnapped.
If this doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what will. In this video from Saturday Night Live, Jay Pharaoh has a girlfriend who sees another women texts him. As she storms off in jealousy, Jay wonders, "What Does My Girl Say?"
WARNING: EXPLICIT LYRICS
WARNING: EXPLICIT LYRICS
Monday, September 8, 2014
We all love internet. If you don't, why are you reading my blog? But sometimes, you can be in places with very low internet, no technology, or no internet! I'm at my grandparents farm (but I actually love it because it's beautiful) and the internet is very slow. But if you don't have internet, here's stuff you should do.
- Play with a pet. If you don't have one, oh well. If you do, they can really entertain you!
- Check out the outdoors. Who knows what you can find? New animals, exotic fruits, etc!
- Write a book or read a book. Books are important to learn, and they are useful!
- Have conversations with family. Who knows what stuff you can talk about?
- Run errands with your parents. This is only for the worst-case scenario.
With all this stuff going on, you won't even notice that you lack wi-fi! So go and have some fun!
Saturday, September 6, 2014
I recently made a huge jump from elementary school to middle school. Everything is really different, but hang in there! Here are some tips for school.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TIPS
- Buy a locker. You have a bunch of supplies, and the locker helps you lighten your load.
- Make sure you have time to get to your locker. If you have a far away class from your locker, pick up some extra supplies before.
- Use your electives wisely. P.E is mandatory unless you put in a note. If you like PE, don't bother with the note! But if you don't like it and you forget the note, you only have one elective.
- Spend time with friends after school. The middle school system may separate you from your friends, but you can always hang out after school!
- Plan ahead. Some teachers don't give any homework, while some give you three projects in a week! Make a balanced homework schedule and you'll be fine.
OVERALL SCHOOL TIPS
- Complete projects in advance. If you slack off and have a big project due in a week, then you'll have to cram it all in during the last night!
- Grab a school map. Even if you know most of the way around your school, your classes may be in a new area. So learn your classes and pick the shortest routes.
- (MAJOR TIP) SILENCE YOUR PHONES! If your phone rings during class, you can kiss it goodbye forever!
- Be friendly to the kids you sit next to. Then you'll have some more friends, and the more the merrier!
Follow these tips and you'll be fine.